Regional Director's Corner
This year, the Philippines marks the passage of Republic Act 10354 or the Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Act of 2012.The ruling of the Supreme Court of the Philippines in its declaration of the law as not unconstitutional is a significant progress in reaching everyone equally especially on matters on maternal health where the poor and marginalized women and girls have been left without universal access to reproductive health. The country’s maternal mortality ratio (MMR), for example, has remained high since 1993 and it is dificult that the MMR target of 52 deaths per 100,000 live births will be reached by the 2015 Millennium Development Goals deadline.Read more ...
- Call for Civil Society Organization's Accreditation
- POPCOM CENTRAL VISAYAS INKS AGREEMENT WITH DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ON iPlan for ADOLESCENT SEXUAL AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
- POPCOM CENTRAL VISAYAS JOINS HANDS WITH NAGA CITY, BOGO CITY AND LARENA, SIQUIJOR FOR TEEN CENTER PROJECTS
- “August is a National Breastfeeding and Family Planning Month”
- Celebration of the 2nd Birthday of the "Symbolic 100 Millionth Babies"